Sunday, November 21, 2010

Steampunk Darth Vader

Well, here's a non-sequitor for the blog.  I got asked what would Darth Vader look like in my steampunk illustration style and thought that might be a fun one day project.  It has nothing to do with the Frankenstein work but I found it fun to do none the less.  I wanted to show the tortured man trapped in the technology and wanted to reflect his rank in the detail of the helmet.  Luke is reflected in one lens.  Now back to Frankenstein.
Steampunk Darth Vader

Here's a few of the in-progress shots showing starting with the line sketch, blocking in two tone blacks and greys and then adding the shine and detail.  The color and toning layers are the final pass above.

Rough sketch

Adding two tones of grey


Refining greyscale, detail and shine


2 comments:

  1. A friend of mine found this somehow and emailed me the link. Very cool...but I have to say, I'm enamored of your Frahnknshtyne stuff! One of my favorite tales of all time. Can't wait to see more! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from other artists and fans.